This is a random mixture of ideas, crafts, projects, recipes. Any and all things homemade!







Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bakugan Birthday

My son turned 9 this year and wanted a Bakugan birthday party, so I just HAD to ablige! I didn't really like the decorations I saw at the store. Plus, chilling memories of last years party decorations for his "army" party came back to haunt me as I thought of how much this was gonna cost. So I decided I would 'make my own'! It was a little time consuming, but really not too bad at all! And the best part-I was able to use things I already had at home, besides a few sheets of blue, black, red, and yellow paper to cut the decorations from. So, total cost-about 3-5 bucks!
The invitaions are cut with the expression and I used Wild Card for the card, envelope, and words. (this is what took the longest) "Happy Birthday Braydon is from All Mixed Up. I just strung yarn through the holes on the tags and the letters hung from the yarn.

The gift bags are from Plantin Schoolbook. And I bought some Bakugan stickers. I think those only cost about 2-3 dollars.
Braydon loved his party and was so excited about it, and I felt good because I made it all and the grand total for his birthday (including the Bakugan cake supplies) was about $30. I would definitly do this again!


1 comments:

grandma said...

That pays for your cricut. It is easy to drop two or three hundred dollars on a birthday. That is awesome and makes having a cricut totally worth it.